STEP 1: Assess Damages
Before turning in a home claim, it is important to assess the damages. This is important for a couple of reasons. One, you need to determine if this is a covered loss – if insurance provides coverage for the damages to your home. Two, you will need know what your deductible is. Your home is subject to the deductible that you have chosen, so it is important to make sure the repairs/replacements will be higher than your deductible.
STEP 2: Prepare
After you have decided to turn in a claim, it is important to prepare for the claims process ahead.
- Take photos or a video or the damages.
- Create a list of the things that you suspect are damaged or missing.
- Make temporary repairs to prevent further damage. This may include purchasing a tarp to prevent further water damage. (Be sure to keep your receipts for reimbursement.)
STEP 3: Turn in a claim
If you need to turn in a claim during our Strand Insurance business hours, please give us a call and we will get you connected with the appropriate claims department. If you need to turn in a claim after our business hours, on a holiday, or on a weekend most claims departments are open 24/7.
- Safeco Claims – (800) 332-3226
- Travelers Claims – (800) 252-4633
- The Hartford Claims – (800) 811-4832
- Allstate Claims – (800) 547-8676
- Progressive Claims – (800) 274-4499
- Mutual of Enumclaw Claims – (877) 425 2580 (weekdays) or (866) 924-3036 (evenings and weekends)
When you contact the claims department, a claims representative will take any information that you have regarding your claim and he/she will assign you a claim number and adjuster. Your adjuster will call you after they have reviewed all of the claim information; typically within 2 business days. Your claims adjuster will give you further instructions on what will take place during the remainder of the claims process and will be able to help answer any questions that you may have regarding the claim.
If at any point during the claims process you become unsatisfied, please do not hesitate to give us a call (800) 700-8281.