No one wants to turn in an auto claim, but in the event that you need to, it is important to know how to get a claim started and what to expect.
We also recommend downloading your company’s mobile app to turn in a claim and track the claims progress. You will find links you our carriers mobile apps on our COMPANIES page.
STEP 1: The first step in any automobile accident is to check for injuries.If anyone in your vehicle or the other party’s vehicle needs medical attention call 911 right away.
STEP 2: Exchange InformationAfter addressing any medical concerns, you will need to exchange insurance information. What information do you need to gather?
- Take photos of the accident before any vehicles are moved.
- Contact Information – Names, address, phone numbers.
- Policy Information – Insurance company, policy number.
- Vehicle Information – Year, make, model, plate number, color.
- Accident Information – Date, time, location, vehicle damage, any known injuries.
- Police Report – If the police are called it is important to obtain a copy of the police report.
- Witness Information – If there are any witnesses, it is helpful to collect their name and contact information.
STEP 3: Turn in a claimIf you need to turn in an auto claim during our Strand Insurance business hours, please give us a call and we will get you connected with the appropriate claims department. If you need to turn in a claim after our business hours, on a holiday, or on a weekend most claims departments are open 24/7. If you are not at fault in the accident, you will want to start by turning in a claim with the other party’s insurance company. If you are the at fault party, you will want to turn in a claim with your insurance company.
- Safeco Claims – (800) 332-3226
- Travelers Claims – (800) 252-4633
- The Hartford Claims – (800) 811-4832
- Allstate Claims – (800) 547-8676
- Progressive Claims – (800) 274-4499
- Mutual of Enumclaw Claims – (877) 425 2580 (weekdays) or (866) 924-3036 (evenings and weekends)