No one wants to turn in an auto claim, but in the event that you need to, it is important to know how to get a claim started and what to expect.
STEP 1: The first step in any automobile accident is to check for injuries.
If anyone in your vehicle or the other party’s vehicle needs medical attention call 911 right away.
STEP 2: Exchange Information
After addressing any medical concerns, you will need to exchange insurance information. What information do you need to gather?
- Contact Information – Names, address, phone numbers.
- Policy Information – Insurance company, policy number.
- Vehicle Information – Year, make, model, plate number, color.
- Accident Information – Date, time, location, vehicle damage, any known injuries.
- Police Report – If the police are called it is important to obtain a copy of the police report.
- Witness Information – If there are any witnesses, it is helpful to collect their name and contact information.
- Take photos of the accident before any vehicles are moved
STEP 3: Turn in a claim
If you need to turn in a claim during our Strand Insurance business hours, please give us a call and we will get you connected with the appropriate claims department. If you need to turn in a claim after our business hours, on a holiday, or on a weekend most claims departments are open 24/7. If you are not at fault in the accident, you will want to start by turning in a claim with the other party’s insurance company. If you are the at fault party, you will want to turn in a claim with your insurance company.
- Safeco Claims – (800) 332-3226
- Travelers Claims – (800) 252-4633
- The Hartford Claims – (800) 811-4832
- Allstate Claims – (800) 547-8676
- Progressive Claims – (800) 274-4499
- Mutual of Enumclaw Claims – (877) 425 2580 (weekdays) or (866) 924-3036 (evenings and weekends)
When you contact the claims department, a claims representative will take any information that you have regarding your claim and he/she will assign you a claim number and adjuster. Your adjuster will call you after they have reviewed all of the claim information; typically within 2 business days. Your claims adjuster will give you further instructions on what will take place during the remainder of the claims process and will be able to help answer any questions that you may have regarding the claim.
If at any point during the claims process you become unsatisfied, please do not hesitate to give us a call (800) 700-8281.