We know that auto insurance is required by law, but why do you need it?
Auto insurance is far more important than just a way to protect your car. In fact, auto insurance is a way to protect your finances, your assets, your home, your lifestyle, and your peace of mind.
At Strand Insurance, we offer a broad selection of auto insurance options to meet each phase of your life. Your insurance needs may be continually changing and you may not even realize it. That is why it is important to have an insurance agent. At Strand Insurance we have knowledgeable staff that are here to help meet your auto insurance needs.
At Strand Insurance we believe that auto insurance is more than just a state requirement. We believe that your auto insurance policy should be tailored to protect you and your assets. The media is continually telling us about tragic accidents that result in major lawsuits where people lose everything that they worked so hard for. We don’t want that to be you!
Auto Insurance Basics: Are you wondering what to consider when purchasing an auto policy, what these coverage limits are, or what the claims process consists of? You are not alone!
Please click HERE or click on the image to the left to go to the Auto Insurance Basics page.
Below you will find a list of coverage that we offer on our Washington and Oregon auto insurance policies:
- Bodily Injury Liability – provides coverage for you if your vehicle causes bodily injuries or death to another person.
- Property Damage Liability – provides coverage for you if your vehicle causes damage to another person’s property.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage – provides coverage for you if another driver has caused injuries to you or damage to your vehicle and they either do not have insurance or they do not carry enough insurance.
- Personal Injury Protection – can cover medical bills, lost income, loss of services, and funeral expenses for you AND your passengers if you are in a car accident. This coverage applies to covered losses regardless of who is at fault.
- Comprehensive Coverage – Also known as “Other than collision coverage,” covers your vehicle if there is damage to your vehicle by something other than a collision. Some examples include: theft, a tree falling on your vehicle, vandalism, glass damage from a rock, hitting an animal, etc…
- Collision – covers the damages to your vehicle as a result of it colliding with another vehicle or an object. Some examples include: hitting another vehicle, hitting a pole, sliding off the road due to ice, etc…
- Loss of Use – provides you with a rental vehicle while your vehicle is being repaired as a result of a covered loss.
- Other Additional Coverage -This includes coverage options such as rental car reimbursement, roadside assistance, new vehicle replacement, etc…
These coverage options are offered will various “limits.” This can be complicated, but that is why we are here. We will help determine the limits of coverage that meet your auto insurance needs throughout the various phases of your life and we will shop your insurance coverage through our leading markets for affordable rates.